Update Schedule for Jumpfest Weekend.
Jr Jumping on the 20m and 30m hills will begin at 1pm.
Ice Carving will start around 9am in front of the Scoville Memorial Library
Salisbury Invitational Competition on the 70m hill will begin after the Jr Jumping competition and awards
8pm - Midnight: Annual Snow Ball Dance.
7:30 am, Pancake breakfast at Salisbury Ambulance
Ice Carving may still continue from Saturday
Noon: Human Dog Sled Race
Following the race we will host our 87th Eastern US Ski Jumping Championships
Friday night events have been cancelled.
Jumpfest Weekend is only two weeks away!
This is the 87th year that SWSA has hosted its annual ski jumping championships, attracting some of the best junior jumpers in the East. Junior jumpers showing off their new-found skills on the 20 and 30 meter hills will compete. Jumpfest will host the annual ice carving demonstration featuring some the areas (and country’s) best carvers. Friday night the areas best restaurants will compete in a chili cook-off. At the SnowBall on Saturday evening of Jumpfest revelers can dance to the music of Treetop Blues featuring Joe Bouchard of Blue Oyster Cult fame and The Common Folk as an opening act.
Bring the whole family and enjoy winter at its best in charming Salisbury, CT,
Jumpfest and Eastern U.S. Ski Jumping Championships, February 8-10
Friday Nite Lites
6:30 pm- Chili Cook-off
7 pm - Ski Jumping under the lights.
Following jumping - Human Dogsled Race
- Nordic Kids 20 and 30 meter competition
- practice for Salisbury Invitational ski jumping competition
- Salisbury Invitational Competition
- 12th Annual Ice Carving Demonstration featuring area’s best carvers, awards at 4pm , Scoville Memorial Library, free admission
- Snow Ball, featuring Joe Bouchard of Blue Oyster Cult fame, at the Lakeville Hose Co., admission: Adults $12, children 12 and under free
Pancake Breakfast at Salisbury Volunteer Ambulance building
- Practice 87th Annual Eastern Ski Jumping Championships
- Competition including Junior Olympic hopefuls.
All jumping events held at Satre Hill in Salisbury. Jumping times are approximate and may change slightly based on weather and hill conditions.
Unless otherwise noted, admission for all events: $10 for adults and children 12 and under are free.
Proceeds from Alpine and Jumpfest Weekends will fund SWSA’s children’s skiing programs.